What makes Virol-Oxy®

so Unique?

What makes Virol-Oxy® so Unique?

For more than 100 year’s disinfectants are made of Chlorine, Iodine, Acetic acid, Glutaraldehyde, Chlorine dioxide, Quaternary Ammonium Compounds and many more products such as Phenols, Alcohols and Aldehydes. The majority of Bacteria, Viruses, Fungi are resistantto the above disinfection methods. There are number of potential problems with this sort of disinfectants. Very high levels of chlorine may be needed for disinfection and this process can produce disinfection by-products such as Trihalomethanes (THMs)Haloacetic acids and Bromate. Most of these oxidants can Lyse algal and other cells, releasing liver and nerve toxins. One another concern using these oxidants for disinfection is that particulate material may interfere with microbial inactivation. It is very clear that these materials protect Bacteria and Viruses from disinfectants by creating an instantaneous disinfectant demand.

Most of the bacteria shows high level of resistance to free chlorine. All bacteria surviving chlorine disinfection are Gran-Positive.

Why? Because Gran-Positive has thicker walls.

“Viruses by nature are more resistant to free chlorine than bacteria. So, chlorination is not suitable for the inactivation of viruses.”

More important : Chlorine-based disinfectants are generally not effective at the inactivation of “Cryptosporidium”.

Cryptosporidium oocysts are the major cause of hospital infections. All conventional disinfection practice would do nothing or little to inactivate infection caused by Bacteria, Viruses including Fungi.


Disinfection and effectiveness of all conventional biocides have a very low Oxidation/Reduction Potential (ORP) and this is about 700 mV, and it is just too low. Watch Water® suggests that ORP is more important for the inactivation of Bacteria and Viruses. This makes Virol-Oxy® so Unique because of the multicomponent oxidizing formulation.